The Talbot Hotel, Burnley, BB11
1,080 Sq M
- Hugely Successful Pub and Business
- Mixed Opportunity - Pub, Accommodation and Development
- Freehold Purchase
- Chain Free
- Historic Building
- Busy Location
Property Summary***Mixed Use Opportunity Combining Public House/ Accommodation / Development***
This is a superb opportunity to purchase the freehold of the historic and thriving Talbot Hotel located on Church Street in Burnley.
The building is located in the original centre of Burnley which was formed in this conservation area known as Top O' The Town historically - it is situated on the corner of Church Street and Ormerod Road adjacent to the town''s oldest place of worship, St Peter's Church.
The Talbot Hotel is a hugely popular venue 7 days per week throughout the year and has a superb reputation for it's regular live music performances at the weekend and plays hosts to a number of pool and darts teams during the week as well as being a favourite spot for football fans both home and away attending Burnley FC home fixtures.
Aside from the thriving pub trade aspect of the business there is accommodation on site with 4 rooms available to let throughout the year on a short term basis. The current owners also have on site accommodation on the first and second floor to compliment the 4 rental rooms, there are 3 extra bedrooms and 2 office rooms which could be converted into further rooms as well as lounges and bathroom facilities on each floor of the owner accommodation giving potential for extra accommodation income to be generated.
Internally the 4 floor property briefly comprises of;
- Basement - A new sport's bar and lounge with bathroom and cellar facilities
- Ground Floor - 2 x Bars areas, 2 x large seating areas, 2 x pool tables/ pool rooms, 1 large stage adjacent to the main bar, dance floor/ stool seating, male/ female bathrooms and 2 x entrance foyers.
- First Floor -4 x En-Suite guest accommodation rooms inc a laundry room. 1 x owner accommodation flat with 1 x large master bedroom, bathroom and large lounge/ kitchen facility.
- Second Floor - Owner Accommodation with 2 x bedrooms, 2 x office rooms, 1 x family bathroom, 1 x WC room and a large lounge/ kitchen.
Externally there is a large outbuilding which was a former stables historically which is constructed over two floors which could be converted into further accommodation, a kitchen or adjoined to the existing building if planning permission* is applied for and obtained.
There is a car park to the Church Street side of the building with a large terrace area on the Ormerod Street aspect of the property. To the rear of the property there is independent access road and gated area which leads to the rear of the building and a further terrace and covered smoking area.
At a price of £475,000 for the outright freehold purchase this opportunity offers the potential buyer multiple income streams with massive potential for further development or full re-development.
Marketing Links inc Accommodation Photos and Information
- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g503927-d6506204-Reviews-Talbot_Hotel-Burnley_Lancashire_England.html - Trip Advisor
- https://www.facebook.com/TheTalbotBurnley/ - Official Facebook Page
- http://www.talbotburnley.co.uk/ - Website
A full inventory of fixtures/ fittings and stock can be provided upon viewing and progressing of interest following proof of funds/ finance and signing an NDA.
*Planning and any development/ re-development is the responsibility of the purchaser.